01 December 2009
Well, it wasn’t perfect, but the Avs looked more like the October version, not the November version, which is a good thing heading into December.
- It probably not a coincidence that Anderson also looked like the October version, instead of the November version. A well deserved shutout, especially with huge stops on Foster and Velliuex in the 3rd period.
- With 6 goals - all of the sudden, Duchene is tied for 4th place in goal scoring with Stasnty and Svatos.
- Stewart looked a lot like Jones tonight. We know Stewey is capable - now he needs to figure out how to get it done nearly every night.
- Svatos has no business on a top line. He simply can’t make a pass.
- There is no question in my mind that Galiardi is our best (skating) penalty killer. He also made wonderful decision and pass to McLeod (who hit the crossbar) on a 2 on 1 and nifty, unselfish pass to Wolski for the empty net goal.
- BTW - anyone else think the Wolski’s first attempt (and miss) at the empty net was a little selfish?
- I’m ready to say it -- Tucker’s October performance was an aberration - he looks back to being the ineffective, overpaid hockey player we knew and complained about last year.
We’ve got Florida next -- if you haven’t seen this debacle yet, you need to: