18 January 2010
This is what good teams do to not so good teams. Capitalize on mistakes and get them to believe they can’t win by the middle of the 2nd period. None of the patented 2009-10 Avalanche sit back, the Avs kept their foot (feet?) on the Oil’s throat (throats?) all game long.
- I actually thought the Avs were lucky to get the first goal - Edmonton had all kinds of puck possession and had some good chances during the first 10 mins, but the Avs got the first goal and then 5-3 goal and it was over.
- It was a night to the pad the stats - five different Avs had a multi-point game.
- Edmonton had no answer for Stastny … or Stewart
- Or Andy… or Duchene…
- 2 goals for Cumiskey. We’ve only seen flashes so far, but he has some offense in him - I think he can become a poor man’s Ozo.
- Wilson left the game with a “head injury” - otherwise known as a concussion. I’d be willing to bet we don’t see him until after the Olympics - I hope I’m wrong.
- What’s with our organ player and TV show theme songs? “Family Guy?” “Batman??"
- You knew the game was over when David Koci got a shift in the 3rd period.
Next Game: Friday at home against the surprising Nashville Predators, 7PM MST
|< Prev||Next >|