27 October 2011
- 1st period shots on goal: Calgary 21, Colorado 5.
- Even though the Avs came out of that period with the score 1-1, that stat showed Calgary was sharp and working hard and the Avalanche were far from it.
- Realistically, you're going to have slow starts like these over a 82 game schedule - espeically after having 2+ days between games. Ideally, you would want your best goalie going (i.e. Varly) so he can steal a game for you.
- I'm certainly not blaming the loss on Giggy, but I wonder with Varly finds a way to hang on to shots that became rebounds.
- Duchene was at least visable tonight and almost scored a highlight reel spin-o-rama goal in the 2nd period. The problem was he looked to be trying to do it all himself.
- Dater was tweeting (I thought he wasn't going to tweet during games anymore?) that the team was doomed because Mueller is hurt and they have no 2nd line. I have two problems with this statement.
- 1. Who says O'Reilly's line isn't the 1st or 2nd line? Just because O'Reilly has always been thought of as a 3rd line center doesn't mean that is all he will ever be. He certainly isn't playing like a 3rd liner now - he is tied with Stastny for the team lead with 7 pts.
- 2. When Duchene gets out of he slump (and he will) whatever line is plays on will be instantally better and suddenly dangerous.
|< Prev||Next >|